Meal components: protein + veggie
- 2 1/4 cups veggie broth SP Option: use water instead
- 2 tbsp Onions chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup tomatoes pureed
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped well
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 all spice berries
- 4 cloves
- 7 oz cod
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp hungarian paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- Add 1/4 cup veggie broth to a saute pan along with onions. Simmer over medium until the onions are soft and begin to brown. Add garlic and allow it to brown as well.
- Add the tomato puree, 1 3/4 cups broth, bay leaf, allspice berries and whole cloves to the sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes over low heat. Remove the bay leaf, all spice berries and cloves and discard.
- Add the salt, lemon juice and basil to the sauce and puree once cooled. Set aside.
- Place the cod on a plate and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and paprika, covering fish all over.
- Place in a pan with the remaining 1/4 cup veggie broth. Sear fish over medium high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the fish and cook for 3 more minutes. Stir in the cherry tomatoes.
- Divide the fish and the sauce between two plates and garnish with parsley and basil.
- If you have a cheesecloth or spice bag, place the sauce spices inside and put the bag in the sauce so the spices are easy to remove after the sauce cooks.
- The recipe is written for 2 servings. If you want to cook more - you’ll need to adjust the ingredients.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.