Meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp roasted garlic mashed
- 1 3/4 cup sliced tomatoes
- Chimichurri Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Make chimichurri sauce by pureeing parsley, cilantro, onion, chopped garlic, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and water. Blend until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, mix ground chicken, ½ tsp salt and roasted garlic.
- Press chicken mix into an eight-inch pizza pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press again or use a rolling pin to make the chicken as flat and even as possible. Remove plastic wrap
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes, chicken crust will begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and spread chimichurri sauce over the chicken crust. Top with sliced tomatoes and return to oven for 2 minutes. Enjoy hot!
- Chimichurri sauce may brown slightly in the oven so you can opt to not heat it after sauce and tomatoes are placed on top (it’s still great!).
- For an AP option, add arugula and use lime juice instead of lemon juice.
- For a spicier option, add ½ tsp red pepper flakes to the chimichurri sauce.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.