Meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz small shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 3/4 cups thinly sliced fennel
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp diced tomato
- 2 cups fat-free vegetable broth SP Option: use water instead
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- fennel fronds for garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the fennel, onion, and garlic for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Season with salt, pepper, and turmeric, then stir in the tomato paste and diced tomato.
- Slowly stir in the vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the shrimp to the pot, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with fennel fronds, and serve.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.