Meal components: protein + veggie + fruit
- Put 2 tbsp chicken stock + 2 tbsp water in a large sauce pot and add the apple, onion and celery. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes (onion should be translucent).
- Add salt, sage, paprika and pepper to the pot and cook for 30 seconds, stirring.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock and let simmer for 8 minutes - the apples should be soft.
- While the soup is simmering, place 2 tbsp chicken stock in a saute pan along with the shrimp. Sear both sides for 2 minutes until fully pink. Set aside.
- Once the soup is cooked, puree until smooth with a blender, then pour into bowls.
- Serve soup hot with shrimp on top.
- The recipe is written for 2 servings. If you change the number of servings you’ll need to adjust the amounts of ingredients.
- This soup freezes well just omit the shrimp and add it when you defrost the soup to eat.
- Try fennel instead of celery for a unique twist.
- Hungarian paprika is different than regular paprika and is strongly recommended for full flavor potential of this soup.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.