meal components: protein + veggie
- 1 head green cabbage medium sized
- 7 oz ground beef (100g per 3.5 oz) lean, 95% fat free
- 2 tbsp onion minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth SP Option: use water instead
- 2 tbsp canned diced tomatoes
- 1/16 tsp powdered stevia *
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg white optional - this would be AP adding this
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lemongrass freshly minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup mushrooms finely diced - AP
AP ingredient variations:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together tomato paste and chicken broth until combined. Set aside.
- Cook cabbage in boiling water until the outer leaves pull away easily from the head. Pull away 8 large leaves (for AP remove 10 leaves) for the rolls. In a small bowl, combine beef, onion, half of the tomato paste mixture, diced tomatoes, stevia, rice vinegar, lemongrass and oregano. Add egg white if doing AP. Mix well.
- Remove the thick vein from the bottom of each leaf carefully. Place 2-3 Tbsp of the meat mixture on each cabbage leaf. Overlap the ends of the leaf and fold in the sides. Beginning from the cut end, roll up tightly. Repeat rolling with remaining leaves.
- Place rolls in a small baking dish, seam side down. Pour remaining tomato paste mixture over the rolls. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until cabbage is tender.
Batch cooking tip: Easily cook enough for the week by doubling the recipe!
Make sure you wrap your rolls nice and tight so the filling doesn’t fall out when you serve the rolls.
Macros listed are for SP version.
Macros without the egg white: 1/2 recipe | 178 cal – 23 protein – 5 fat - 9 carbs - 6 net carbs ||
*This is based on the Trim Healthy Mama stevia brand that I personally use and linked to in the recipe which is quite concentrated. Stevia potency really varies from brand to brand so you may need to adjust the level of stevia to more or less depending on which one you use.
Did I miss what I do with the egg white for AP?
Oops! You are right lol- it was to be added to the meat mixture if doing AP- I’ve fixed it now, sorry about that!
OMG! Who said P2 was bland. Ended up doubling the recipe & ate 4 instead of 3. Hmmmm. Only downfall was I didn’t read through the instructions, so ended up eating dinner late!
Aww so glad you enjoyed it!!