meal components: protein + veggie
- 7 oz white fish (100g per 3.5 oz) skinless, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp onion minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley freshly chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano freshly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- flat-leaf parsley chopped for garnish
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice, flat-leaf parsley, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Add the onion to a medium saucepan and top with 1/4 cup vegetable broth. Cook for 5 minutes until onion is softened. Add herb lemon mixture and cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and remaining vegetable broth. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Nestle the fish chunks into the stew. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook 8-10 min until fish is cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley.
If you like a spicier soup, add more red pepper flakes at the end of cooking the soup base as desired for more heat. Make stock in double or triple batches and freeze in small portions to make the soup any night during the week. Simply reheat on the stove and add cod pieces, cooking until fish is done.
I just made this for lunch…. delicious! The only problem was that the recipe called for water, but I couldn’t find the instruction of how much. I just added a cup and hoped for the best.
oh gosh sorry! I will get that fixed ASAP!
Delicious and a ton of flavor! I also added a cup of water based on previous comment and it worked great. I might add celery next time too.
Awesome, Jen and nice to meet you! The idea of adding celery sounds delicious. Thanks for the feedback 🙂
Li-an, Rayzel’s assistant
I made this using shrimp instead of fish (not fishy type of gal) and it came out delicious! Thank you.
oh that sounds like a super yummy sub, so glad you enjoyed!
This was delicious!