Sometimes there is confusion over the various hCG diet protocols out there- this list isn’t to describe the different protocols, but to share which actual food INGREDIENTS are considered AP or alternate protocol. These are all foods that were not on Dr. Simeon’s Protocol (SP).
It’s up to you if you want to utilize some or all of these ingredients or not.
You can use them on the 500 calorie diet, or the 800 calorie diet, or whatever you like.
If I were to weigh in with my own opinion here it would be that personally I’d use most items on here EXCEPT the coconut oil/mct oil. I am still leery of it’s use myself. However, there are definitely a goodly number who use small amounts of coconut oil with no problem with their weight loss.
Many of the P2 recipes here at hcgchicarecipes.com are AP – however we do have a good number of SP recipes too, and what I call “LSP” or Loose Simeons Protocol- LSP involves things like sticking to the original protocol ingredients items, but mixing vegetables, or using a little chicken broth. Many of the AP and LSP recipes can be made SP by swapping out the veggies.
I have a different post that discusses how these extra ingredients came about and various things to consider when deciding to do AP or SP. And remember, if you choose to use AP ingredients, this doesn’t mean you must make use of all AP ingredients or none of them. You can pick and choose. Perhaps you feel comfortable using a little cocoa powder to make a sanity saving chocolate smoothie. But maybe the idea of nutritional yeast in dressings is too far outside your comfort zone. That’s perfectly okay! This is completely your choice.
Here is a list of ingredients you will find in AP (alternate protocol) recipes for the hCG Diet protocol, whether you are doing injections or drops it doesn’t matter.
Please keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be all or nothing – you can decide to use some ap ingredients and not others, as well as many AP recipes can be easily adjusted into SP (strict simeons protocol) recipes and I indicate how to do this on those recipes.
- Ahi Tuna
- 97% Fat Free Ham
- 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
- Egg Beaters, 200g
- Greek Yogurt, fat free, 200g
- Ground Bison
- Ground chicken – lean
- Low-fat canned Salmon
- Low-carb Protein Powder
- Water-packed tuna
- Bell Pepper, any color
- Brussels sprouts
- Crookneck/Yellow Squash
- Green beans
- Jalapeño/other peppers
- Mushrooms – Button, Shiitake
- Pre-shredded greens mixes (with various things like Brussels sprouts/cabbage/carrots/etc)
- Sprouts- alfalfa/broccoli/bean/etc
- Apricots – 2 medium
- Blackberries – ½ cup
- Blueberries – ½ cup
- Cranberries – raw/frozen, unsweetened
- Peach – ½
- Pear – ½
- Plum – 1 small
- Raspberries – ½ to 1 cup
- Coconut Oil/ Coconut Oil Spray
- Fat-free Greek Yogurt
- Fat Free Half and Half, 1-2 tbsp
- Lime juice, fresh squeezed, 1-2 tbsp
- Liquid Smoke
- MCT Oil
- Nature’s Hollow xylitol jams and jellies
- Panang Curry Paste
- Protein Powder
- Psyllium husk powder
- Red Curry Paste – Thai Kitchen
- Unsweetened almond milk or other nut milks
- unsweetened coconut milk
- Better than Bouillon: Vegetable, Beef, Chicken
- Miracle Noodles or Rice
- Miso Broth-sub 1 tbsp almond milk for regular milk
- Nutritional Yeast (for cheesy flavor) – 1 tsp it only has 15.5 cals/1.3 carbs total carbs/0.4 net carbs/1.7g protein
- Simple Girl Carolina Style BBQ Sauce & Seasonings
- Walden Farms dressings/syrups: Caramel Syrup
- Dark dark chocolate higher than 85% cocoa (sugar-free)
- Lakanto sweetener (like Tagatesse but with stevia and monk fruit)
- PB2 Peanut Butter Powder
- Zevia, Stevia Diet Soda
- Vanilla Bean Powder
- Xanthan gum
So what are ya waitin’ for!