Hello! I would love to have you share hCGChica recipes around the web. A couple things to keep in mind when deciding how to do so:
– The images of all dishes were taken by me, Rayzel, personally, and are 100% copyrighted – this means you cannot use these images without linking to my recipe post and giving me attribution for the photo, nor should the photos be altered in any way (ie do not obscure the logo/watermark or crop the image to remove it). You are definitely free to share the recipe image if you do link to the recipe post that goes with it.
– If you share our exact recipe online, you should link to the post where the recipe was taken from.
– If this is not done and we find it we will contact you to fix it. If it’s not fixed, we will pursue the next step in copyright law.
Here’s some additional info regarding copyright law:
“U.S. copyright law addresses recipes, but what holds sway can be called either ethics or etiquette. Cooking is not considered inventing; rather, it evolves. Copyright law specifies that substantial literary expression in the form of an explanation or directions, such as a cookbook, can be copyrighted but that a mere list of ingredients cannot receive that protection.
The ethics guidelines of the International Association of Culinary Professionals focus on giving proper attribution to recipes that are published or taught.” – Can a Recipe Be Stolen?
Here are some rules that most cookbook authors and food writers follow (excerpt from Food Blog Alliance):
1. If you’re modifying someone else’s recipe, it should be called “adapted from.”
2. If you change a recipe substantially, you may be able to call it your own. But if it’s somewhat similar to a publisher recipe, you should say it’s “inspired by,” which means that you used else’s recipe for inspiration, but changed it substantially.
Now, relating to hcgchicarecipes.com, here is the main question you may ask if you intend to use the EXACT recipes published on my site:
“How do I credit hcgchicarecipes for sharing the recipe with my audience?”
I would be comfortable with you sharing the IMAGE and the TITLE of the recipe and then LINKING it to my site for the actual and full version of the recipes.
If in any case, you would like to use the whole or full recipe, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for permission first, but keep in mind that you will still be required to LINK it to my site once allowed to do so.
But please NOTE that all my IMAGES are 100% copyrighted. If you would like to use or share my recipe photos, please make sure to:
- Link it to the recipe post where you got the image
- Not alter the image in any way. Do not crop out or remove my logo/watermark